Armom Communications Ltd (hereinafter referred as Design Agency) is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales; full details can be found on the Company details page.
Design Agency aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
This policy is designed to ensure that no person is treated unlawfully or discriminated against unfairly in any way on the grounds of gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, ethnic origin or religion. This policy complies with the statutory obligations under the Race Relations Act 1976 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
To ensure that this policy is operating effectively (and for no other purpose) records are maintained of employees and applicants racial origins, gender and disability. Ongoing monitoring and regular analysis of these records provide the basis for appropriate action to eliminate unlawful direct and indirect discrimination and promote equality of opportunity.
The company's long term aim is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the community. The Designated Members are responsible for the effective operation of the company's Equal opportunities employment policy.
- Wherever possible, all vacancies will be advertised simultaneously internally and externally
- Steps will be taken to ensure that knowledge of vacancies reaches under-represented groups internally and externally
- All vacancy advertisements will include an appropriate short statement on equal opportunity
Selection and Recruitment
- Selection criteria (job description and employee specification) will be kept under constant review to ensure that they are justifiable on non-discriminatory grounds as being essential for the effective performance of a job
- Wherever possible, more than one person must be involved in the selection, interview and recruitment process, and all should have received training in equal opportunities
- Wherever possible, women, minorities, and disabled persons will be involved in the short-listing and interviewing processes
- Reasons for the selection and rejection of applicants must be recorded
- In order to ensure the effective operation of the equal opportunity policy (and for no other purpose) a record will be kept of all employees' and job applicants' gender, racial origins and disability
- Where necessary, employees will be able to check/correct their own record of these details. Otherwise, access to this information will be strictly restricted
- Such records will be analysed regularly and appropriate follow-up action taken
- The objectives of this Equal Opportunities Employment Policy are to:
- Ensure that the company has access to the widest labour market and secures the best employees for its needs.
- Ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment and that, wherever possible, they are give the help they need to attain their full potential to the benefit of the company and themselves.
- Achieve an ability-based work force that is in line with the working population mix of the relevant labour market areas.
- The co-operation of all employees is essential for the success of this policy. However, ultimate responsibility for achieving the policy's objectives and for ensuring compliance with the relevant Acts of Parliament as well as the various Codes of Practice, lies with the company
- Behaviour or actions against the spirit and / or the letter of the laws on which this policy is based will be considered serious disciplinary matters and may, in some cases, lead to dismissal.